After the lunch, we continue to work concerning « New (social) media : what is it? How to handle it? How to use it?
“PLE: Personal Learning Environment integrating social media” by Jordi SIMON LLOVET (teacher at Universitat Ramon Llull, Blanquerna-Spain)
Link : http://www.jordisimon.com
Keywords : Individual, Customized, Online, Shared, Group of open tools
Some links :
- George Simens : http://www.elearnspace.org/about.htm
- Ron Lubensky : http://www.deliberations.com.au
- Learning In a Flat World : http://bwatwood.edublogs.org/about
Link to examples :
Search and collect
- https://www.zotero.org/qadmon or www.zotero.org/lyonelk/
- Scoop.it : http://www.scoop.it/t/medias-sociaux-et-enseignement/ or http://www.scoop.it/t/ipad-et-enseignement
Elaborate and publish
Personal Learning Network:
For you, where is the center of the PLE? For Jordi = worpdress +… For me = a privately blog and you…?
Cloud computing & sharing resources (Dropbox, GoogleDocs, WeTransfer, SlideShare, etc.)” by Kaj Nedergaard JEPSEN (teacher at University College South Denmark, Esbjerg-Denmark)
The presentation : https://prezi.com/eosgqoz2brdf/cloudcomputing-helmo-103-2014/
The Pedagogical Framework
The three forms of teaching are derived from M.M. Bakhtin‘s novel theory, and are distinguished by their different views on how learning takes place, and by their different perceptions of the relations between subject matter, teacher and student.
- A interactive way to communicate with the students : http://socrative.com. Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
- A tool that Kaj’s students utilize often : http://quizlet.com (monological and dialogical approaches)
- Fakebook : http://www.classtools.net/FB/home-page
Fakebook allows teachers and students to create imaginary profile pages for study purposes. Can be uses in many subnets : history, biology and science, foreign langage, mother langage, literature…
But is it change pedagogy/education ? How ?
“Prezi : making a zooming presentation” by Manuel PEREZ (teacher at Universitat LaSalle, Madrid-Spain)
Prezi in a collaborative activity.
Making a Zooming Presentation: http://prezi.com/kn139r650wdh/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy
“Making videos with different softwares and online tools (MovieMaker, WeVideo, YouTube Online Editor, Audocity, etc.)” by Rocio FERNANDEZ PIQUERAS (teacher at Universidad Catolica de Valencia, Valencia-Spain)
First part : a work realized by the teacher and the students :
Why YouTube Online Editor ?
Advantages : It’s easy when you are new in video editing. You can use your Google’s profile. When you are finish it’s publish online at the same time. Some limitation with the audio and synchronisation. You can mix video and photos.
Disadvantages : Editor isn’t easy to find the first time.